Real Options Conference 2015 Venue Information
Athens (Wednesday June 17 - Thursday June 18)
The conference sessions will be in the Metropolitan Hotel Athens at 385 Syngrou Ave. in Paleon Faliron, Athens.
- Metropolitan Hotel (5 Star) 385 Syngrou Ave. in Palaio Faliro. For reservations, use Group code: REALO2015. If you prefer including breakfast (10 € pp), you can book directly a Superior Single room for €125 or Superior Twin/Double for €135. Without breakfast, you can use this Accomodation Form to book a Superior Single or Twin/Double for €115. They run an hourly shuttle bus to Syntagma Square in downtown Athens.
- Coral Hotel (4 Star) at 35 Possidonos Ave. in Palaio Faliro is on the waterfront, overlooking the Saronic Gulf. It is about 1 km from the conference hotel (Metropolitan). Mention the Real Options Conference to get special corporate rates (half price). Including breakfast, €55 for a single room, €65 for 2 persons in a double (€60 if one person in a double); plus €10 extra if sea view, €12 pp. for extra lunch or dinner. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Buses from Athens Hotels to City Centre
Option A (free shuttle bus). From the Metropolitan Hotel, take the free 35-seat shuttle bus to the center (Syntagma square) every hour, starting from 09:15 am until 8:15 pm.
- Option B (public bus). Participants can commute to Athens centre by bus B2 line, stopping almost outside the two hotels. There is the 126 bus line (just behind Metropolitan hotel). Buses take 20-25 min to/from the centre. Public buses and metro fare is €1.20, valid for 70 min.
Bus Transfer Athens to Monemvasia (3:30 pm Thursday June 18)
- Included in the Conference Registration
- The distance is 320 km and Conference Registration includes the cost of a round trip.
- Accomanying persons can be added on the Registration form for €60.
Monemvasia (Friday June 19 - Saturday June 20)
The conference sessions will be held in the medieval Aghios Nikolaos Basilika (Church) and Malvasia Hotel inside the medieval Castle of Monemvasia surrounded by the sea off the coast in southern Peloponnese. The following hotels are inside the Castle.
Bus Tour of Monemvasia 1pm - 6 pm or
Return Bus to Athens 2:00 pm (Saturday June 20) or
Return to Athens (2:00 pm Sunday June 21)
- Included in Conference Registration.
Buses from Monemvasia to Athens
If you wish to stay beyond Sunday 2 pm (when our last bus returns to Athens), you may return to Athens taking the public buses (KTEL). It would cost around €30 and the trip is 5.5 hrs long (including stops). There are 4 bus services daily, leaving at 04:45, 07:15, 14.15 and 17.30. On Sunday you also have buses at 07:15 and 17:30.
Transportation Between Athens Airport and Athens Hotels
Fly to Athens International Airport (ATH) Eleftherios Venizelos (27 km NE of Athens). The hotels are 40 min by taxi from the airport.
There are several alternatives to get from the airport to the hotel(s):
- Option A Find a taxi at the airport’s designated Taxi waiting area located at Exit 3 of Arrivals Level (costs €35-40, suitcases no extra cost – after 11pm it costs €50-60).
- Option B Metropolitan Hotel can arrange a taxi to pick you up from the airport. They will need your flight details (the cost should be €40-€50 between 23:00-05:00).
By Metro or Bus
- Option A Take metro (line 3, every 30 min, takes 45 min, €8) or bus X95 (every 20 min, €5) to center and get off at Syntagma square. Then you can either take a taxi (€7-10) to the hotel(s) or use Metropolitan Hotel’s free hourly 35-seat shuttle bus. Cross the road to the bus stop on the corner of Ermou & Filellinon streets opposite McDonald’s) to get the bus to the Metropolitan Hotel. The other hotel (Coral) is 1 km away. You can also take bus B2 line from Syntagma square to the two hotels.
- Option B Take bus X96 to Piraeus (every 20 min, €5) and ask the driver to drop you off at "Flisvos" bus station. Then you can take taxi or bus B2 (€1.20) to hotel (5 min).
- Option C Take metro to SYGROU-FIX, the nearest metro station to the hotels. As this is 4-5 km away, you can get a taxi from there to the hotels (max €5).